Have you ever imagined surviving in the woods?
Millions of people have lost themselves in the woods, and they cope out to survive.
But do you ever imagine yourself stuck in this situation? What would you do?
This possibility can happen to any of us. But you don’t need to scare; instead, think calmly and then plan how to survive in the wilderness?
It would be best to prepare for any of the mishaps before heading out for a trip.
Do You Hear About Surviving The Wilderness Book?
You can get a hundred shows and books online about survival.
Famous writer Kevin Estela with his book “101 skills you need to survive in woods.”
He gave many of the ideas on how to survive in the woods. It is also available on Amazon.
If you love something happening in your life and you wanted to experience this on your own.
Then you should follow these measures to make your trip hassle-free.
Water is the utmost necessity of human living. You can live without less food, but not without water.
Most of the body is made up of approximately sixty percent water includes all the blood circulation. Therefore, no water means the human body fatal.
The first thing about survival should be water. It would help if you opted for different means of finding water.
- Firstly, look for natural means of water supplies, such as streams, lakes, and ponds.
- Streams or ponds are most convenient because running water is clean. Rivers and lakes are full of bacteria.
- Secondly, use the silent trick. It means to listen to the noise of water nearby.
- Another trick is to follow the animal’s habitat, that might help.
- If you are at the top, then move downwards because the flat area may consist of rivers and streams.
- Lastly, you can collect it with the help of clothes on dewdrops or by melting ice.
- Some hacks for water purification are boiling, and you can make a disposable filter using a cloth.
Fire Is Another Important Factor
It would help if you had a fire to purify water or to make food and get yourself warm.
- The first step is to create a fire pit by digging a hole, layer it with clay, and surround it with rocks.
- Fill the hole with dry leaves, paper, and wood. It can help to fire quickly.
- The second step is to select the fire’s shape like a crisscross, where the wooden branches are lean cross.
If you don’t have the lighter or any match stick, there are different ways to start a fire.
- You can put glass or magnifying lenses in sunlight, which will lit the flame.
- The other is the bow drill method.
- You can rub two stones together to create a fraction.
Molding Shelter For Surviving In The Woods
Whenever you are tangled in such a situation, the initial step is to find a safe place to stay.
The place you select should be away from any river or stream and at a leveled surface.
The places you should avoid to build your shelter
- Mountains tops
- The area with a lot of trees
- No animal habitat around
After exploring the area, start constructing your shelter.
- Firstly, select two trees with a height of six feet.
- Put a two feet branch between them.
- Fill up the gaps with small branches in a horizontal manner.
- Compress the smaller branches with dry leaves and debris.
- You can lit the fire for some warmth near you.
How To Stay Alive In Woods Without Food?
Your body without food can make you sluggish. It can lead you towards anxiety and frustration.
You better know about all the edible plants that can help you in need. You can either go hunting smaller animals like ducks, fish, etc.
You should know about toxic plants like mushrooms, milky liquid flowers.
Stick to plants like berries. You can eat some insects as well to satisfy your hunger rather than to starve.
There are many ways to check whether the plants are poisonous or not. Just read the instructions given.
- The first step is to rub the plant to the inner side of your arm.
- If nothing happens for some hours, then follow the next step.
- The second step is to rub on your lips and wait for a few hours.
- Lastly, take a bite and wait for a day; if nothing happens, you can eat it the next day.
How To Keep Yourself Safe From Wild Animals
When you are living alone in the woods, you should know the tactics to fool the animals. You should know what to do when the poisonous animal bites you.
There are several snakes, insects, and bugs prowling around in the woods. You have to be careful.
- Do not put your hands in any of the holes deep down.
- If you hear any noise from the animal, stay quiet and calm.
- If a snake stings you, do not suck the poison instead try to press the poison out.
- Suppose you see a bear, no need to panic. Do your work or lie down straight on the ground.
You are stuck in the center of the woods all alone. You have done everything you know, but now you are sick of it.
Try seeking help from other people. It is not easy because how can anyone know you are trapped.
There are different ways to give signals to other people as you should aware of the outdoor skills
- The first one is the signal fire. You can make that with the simple fire and load that fire with lots of woods and green leaves. It will provide thick smoke.
- Another option is to reach the top of the hill and create three stacks of fire in a triangular shape.
- Lastly, you can use glass and reflect the light towards airplanes or helicopters.
How To Get Your Way Out
The leading factor in finding your way is the use of a map. When you plan a trip, you should print some maps and keep them with you.
It will not only help you get out of the situation; it will also lead you to all the places you are in search of.
Surviving in the woods is not that easy neither too difficult.
You should know about some of the tips and tricks for finding water, food, and shelter.
It would help you make things easier while carrying some safety precautions, such as
- a knife,
- extra clothes,
- a tent, and many more things.
There are many survive in the woods games online as well.
Read Also: Tips And Tricks Build To Survive Alive